Many teachers have experienced their share of strange occurrences but one teacher went viral on TikTok detailing an unconventional parent-teacher conference.

The video, posted to the TikTok account @bored_teachers, was viewed more than three million times and liked more than 600,000 times as teacher Jess Smith revealed she conducted a parent-teacher conference in the middle of her appointment with her Obstetrician-Gynecologist (OB-GYN). This prompted commenters to share their own awkward experiences while in a gynecology appointment.

Bored Teachers is a content-sharing organization geared toward educators. Many of their posts center around teachers' stories.

In the video, Smith said she went for a yearly checkup with her OB-GYN and the doctor asked basic questions to get to know her.

Parent Teacher Conference
A woman's story outlining one of the strangest parent-teacher conferences she's had with a parent went viral on TikTok. Digital Vision./iStock

"I shared with her that I'm a third-grade teacher at this school, and she looks up from my examination and goes, 'My son goes there,'" Smith said. "So, I'm lying there, and I'm like, 'Oh my gosh, he does?'"

She then learned that her doctor's son is in her class.

Still laying down during the examination, Smith mentioned that they have a parent-teacher conference the following week.

"And she laughs and goes, 'Yeah, we do. Do you just want to do it right now?'" Smith recalled.

Though in an awkward position, Smith agreed to the conference right then and there, which was only the second "strangest" parent-teacher conference she had.

Smith, now the social media strategist for Bored Teachers, told Newsweek in an email that the silver lining of the experience was that she did not have to meet with the parent the following week.

"I had an afternoon off from a meeting! And it was a great afternoon off," she said. "If I had to do it again—I just might."

The video encouraged viewers to share their own awkward moments while at a doctor's appointment.

"I've had melanoma so I have a FULL body check routinely," @redflarebellbottoms_73 wrote. "Yep, the nurse in the room was a STUDENT of mine several years ago."

Another commenter wrote that her OB-GYN's son attended the same college as her and tried to set the two of them up on a date.

"I had a pap smear done by my husbands coworkers wife," @lifewithpaigenicole commented. "That night we had a dinner to attend for his work. Together."

In a different video, Smith shared that her strangest parent-teacher conference experience occurred when she needed a plumber to fix her toilet. The plumber, she learned, was a parent of one of the children in her class.

"This man is elbow-deep in my waste and having an impromptu parent-teacher conference," Smith said. "Finally the feeling of awkwardness just overcomes me and I apologize profusely for what he's doing and he looks at me and he goes, 'Hey, you know. Different house, same sh-.'"

Smith said that she has been a teacher for eight years and taught third, fourth, fifth and sixth grades. She has taken a break from teaching to spend time with her baby and to step away from the classroom after two years of teaching through the pandemic.

For many viewers, it was a bizarre story, but Smith said teachers and medical field workers have the "best" stories to share.

"Kids are so unapologetically unfiltered and genuine in their hilarity," she said.

When she taught fifth grade last year, her students found out she was pregnant and named her unborn baby "Bort."

"Anytime I went to leave the classroom for one of my incessant bathroom breaks as a pregnant teacher, they would always comment, 'Bort is just making your life difficult today,'" Smith said.

The experiences she's had with her students are remembered fondly.

"Between adopting a pepper as a class pet and making up songs about me—students are truly the biggest joy to me," Smith said.